Filmmaker Garret Price chats with Trey Elling about his new HBO Max documentary, WOODSTOCK 99: PEACE, LOVE, & RAGE. Questions include:
- What were his memories of that disastrous festival going into this project?
- How well-prepared were the security guards?
- What insight about the weekend did Moby provide?
- Considering it didn’t rain that weekend, why did the grounds get so muddy?
- When did he decide to explore the dichotomy between the social awareness brought about by grunge earlier in the decade, and the machismo physiology that took over when Cobain died?
- How responsible was Fred Durst for the worsening of conditions with his performance on Saturday night?
- When did he decide to use what was the perfect song for the end credits?
- Will there ever be another Woodstock?