Emmy-winning journalist and #1 New York Times bestselling author Kate Fagan chats with Trey Elling about ALL THE COLORS CAME OUT: A FATHER, A DAUGHTER, AND A LIFETIME OF LESSONS. The book details Kate’s relationship with her dad, who died from complications of ALS in December 2019. Questions include:
- What was her dad like as a parent during her childhood?
- Why did he wisely never let her beat him as a kid?
- How did her decision to play college hoops far from home impact their relationship?
- Why did Kate let her mom tell him when she came out as gay?
- What did she go through when he informed her of his ALS diagnosis?
- How did Kate learn that she and her dad slept in the same position?
- Why was the night before Kate’s wedding an important moment in her relationship with dad?
- What does she cherish about her mom?