It’s episode #3 of our ‘No Books Required’ series, with legendary standup comedian Andrew Dice Clay, ahead of his performances on August 14th and 15th at Vulcan Gas Company in Austin, TX. Questions include:
- How good does it feel to be out performing standup again? (01:05)
- Is it nicer to do smaller venues than someplace like Madison Square Garden? (04:52)
- Did he ever think at the height of his popularity that he’d eventually become an elder statesman for standup? (09:17)
- Does he recall when the legendary Mitzi Shore passed him at the Comedy Store? (12:43)
- Did he and Bill Hicks ever cross paths?
- Is he concerned that ‘cancel culture’ will infect standup comedy? (19:25)