Pulitzer Prize winner and former New York Times investigative reporter Barry Meier chats with Trey Elling about SPOOKED: THE TRUMP DOSSIER, BLACK CUBE, AND THE RISE OF PRIVATE SPIES. Questions include:
- Why does the first chapter of a book on private spies focus on journalism?
- Who are Glenn Simpson and Fusion GPS?
- Why did they connect with Michael Steele in 2016 to take Trump down?
- How did Buzzfeed end up publishing the dossier?
- Have many media outlets apologized for reporting on dossier claims that turned out to be false?
- What does Barry think his strength is as as reporter?