Director Sam Jones chats with Trey Elling about the new HBO documentary, TONY HAWK: UNTIL THE WHEELS FALL OFF.
To hear Trey’s chat with Sam and Tony Hawk on the red carpet during SXSW 2022, click HERE.
- The first video Sam shot for the documentary (1:00)
- Exploring the lesser known aspects of Tony’s private life (2:48)
- Sam’s “unfair advantage” of being a part of the Southern California skateboarding scene in the 1980s (4:55)
- Stacy Peralta and George Powell providing a ton of archival skating footage (7:20)
- Getting to watch Tony figure something out (8:58)
- Making the conscious decision to not have Tony comment in modern times about pulling off his X Games 900 in 1999 (10:12)
- The most surprising thing Sam learned about Tony (11:47)
- The most difficult question he asked Tony (15:14)
- Whether Sam worries about Tony and his desire to keep pushing the limits of skateboarding, regardless of his age (18:53)
- Sam’s skateboarding limits in 2022 (21:32)
- The key to taking good pictures (25:56)