Ultramarathon legend and bestselling author Dean Karnazes chats with Trey Elling about A RUNNER’S HIGH: MY LIFE IN MOTION. Questions include:
- Why does he run such long distances in grueling conditions? (02:05)
- Is the extreme growth of ultramarathoning over the past 20+ years a good thing? (02:54)
- What’s it like in the days after completing an ultra? (08:18)
- What is the greatest lesson running has taught him? (14:47)
- How special was it for his son to help during Dean’s most recent participation in the Western States 100?
- Why did he break down crying with less than two miles left in the race? (28:31)
- How many more 100-mile races do his legs and mind have left? (30:39)